OUR DESIGN & BUILD PROCESS
We’re aware that you have a business to run, so we will take the stress out of your office renovation or relocation. Put your project in our hands and our professional expertise and attention to detail will save you time and money and deliver results that exceed your expectations.
Step 1: The Brief
In our initial consultation meeting we begin by creating a brief to understand your requirements.
You tell us:
- How you and your staff work?
- What image you wish to project
- What your future plans are
- Your requirements for areas such as reception and boardrooms
- Your budget
- Your timeframe
- How important is sustainability and environmental reporting?
- Does your company have any special OSH requirements
- A written Brief summary of your plans
- A basic site survey of the existing space
- budget estimations based on the brief
Step 2: The Research & Design
We create of our our final design concept and talk it through with you, make changes and clearly define the ‘scope of works’ and re-evaluate your budget accordingly.
We do our homework by:
- Conducting a thorough site survey to measure the available space and review your existing furnishings
- Studying the way your staff work together
- Researching the equipment you need
- Investigating your storage requirements
- Listening to your plans for future growth conducting ergonomic and feasibility studies, if necessary
- Talking to our many furniture, fabric and fit-out suppliers to source products and materials appropriate for your job
- Concept drawings
- Product samples
- Complete quote
- Detailed design and constrution contract
- Time line and payment sceduals
Step 3: The Planning
In this step the necessary documentation is generated and any council applications filed.
- Demolition plans
- Partition plans
- Power & Data plans
- Reflected ceiling and Lighting plans
- Air conditioning
- Fire Services reports
- Flooring Security
- Plumbing and Schematic
- Cabinetry drawings
- Signage drawings
- Building consent applications
Step 4: The Fit-out
As both designers, project managers and builder, we will:
- Ensure your quality standards, deadlines and budgets are met
- Apply for building consents and fire reports
- Approve tenders
- Address health and safety issues
- Oversee demolition plans and construction specifications, including air conditioning, plumbing, security, signage and electrical, lighting and data requirements
- Organise design details such as colour schemes, flooring finishes and joinery
- Supply furniture, soft furnishings and artworks
- Liaise with architects, developers and construction companies
- Coordinate with our pool of efficient and reliable subcontractors
- Create critical paths to ensure your project is proceeding according to plan
- Organise the clean-up
- Conduct a final inspection
Step 5: The Results
Our clients experience many benefits of an improved work environment, including:
- Improved staff morale
- Increased staff efficiency
- An office that positively communicates their company culture to clients
We get great satisfaction from our work when we know it has improved the lives of our clients and added value to their business.
After all, most of us spend more waking hours in our offices than in our homes, so we may as well enjoy them!